|What kind of employee award program should you initiate?
Some awards, such as Employee of the Month, can actually be destructive
because they can lead to jealousy or competition. A
good employee award program has the following characteristics:
- Specific It is clear to the recipient and
other members of the department which achievements led to the award.
- Objective Criteria for the award are
clearly defined and measurable.
- Timely The recipient is honored shortly
after making certain achievements, not months after the fact.
- Public The recipient is given positive
reinforcement publicly, and in a manner which is acknowledged by
- Fair Submissions of candidates can be made
by all staff, not just management.
- Open All employees in the department are
eligible for the award.
Celebrate Social Work Page
Employee Recognition Page